Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, February 19, 2018

You Did It Before and...

You can do it again! That was Tessie, when I told her to get out of the way so that I could work on her new potting shed...

I think that she was referring to the first project that I did after she moved in.

She sat in her favorite chair, with her alligator, on her lap and I painted the whole bottom floor of her cottage around her and Friskie.

For those of you that don't know, I know that Friskie is spelled wrong.  I had to name him that. It was the name on his bowl when I got him.

The new potting shed is a different matter. It is a much smaller building and if she is in the middle, I am NOT going to be able to paint around her.

I am lucky if I can get a paintbrush inside.  Especially if it has wet paint on it.
I did manage to get a base coat of gesso and one coat of light cream inside and out, before she moved in...

She is holding one of the wire bonsai trees that she intends to put on shelves on at least two walls of the shed.
She put that outside... Then she settled in with a good astrology book.  She can't possibly expect me to paint around her if she is sitting in the corner like that! No way! No how!

I may just have to lock her in the workroom and do the painting in the bedroom if she keeps up. Maybe, I can talk her into perching on the roof and watching. She has done that a few times. It gives her a better view of what is going on and keeps her out of the paint.

I am thinking "brick floor". If I do that, she will have to move out completely!

Wish me luck. I am going to need it!

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
I like the idea of the brick floor...did you ever consider slipping a sleeping pill in her tea?
Big hug
Giac

Caseymini said...

Giac, there is only one problem with that idea... she doesn't like tea!