#1 on the list is the castle bedroom. The poor thing has been waiting patiently for years... I am not sure how many.
The basis for the whole thing was the jade tile that is the floor. I got it at Home Depot. I don't even know if they still have them.
You could do it with any floor tile that suits your fancy. This one was mine.
I built the box around it.
This morning, I decided to add some height to the base. I used ceiling tile cut to size for that.
I already had the pieces for the top measured and cut. I just had to glue them together. They are now drying under a pile of books, so that they won't buckle.
I wanted you to see how the window is constructed. I used two thicknesses of foam core to get the thickness I needed.
The rocks around the window are made with DAS clay. It is air drying and you can get it at Walmart or Michaels among other places. It is cheapest at Walmart.
The curtains were done with a LOT of pins and hairspray on a ceiling tile pin board. That is also found on another entry. Just put in ceiling tile or pinboard to get to the directions for one.
By the way, I seem to be coughing a lot less today! Yay!
I put another strip of foamcore around the bottom. I want the base to look a lot heavier than the rest of the walls.
After it dries, I will start covering the walls, base and roof with theater tray stone. That is a lot lighter than the stone made with clay of any kind. I want to be able to move it around when it is done.
I have to go now and check for dryness. Then I will start the stone work. Getting back into things is fun.
See you tomorrow.
Glad you are feeling better!
Está quedando muy bien.
I am happy to hear you are feeling better. The room is lovely. I really like that amazing floor tile.
Me encanta esa ventana, ha quedado maravillosa.
Post a Comment