Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, November 9, 2017

I Can't See the Forest...

For the trees....

Yesterday at Witches, I started something that I meant to start about this time last year.

I got sidetracked and I couldn't find the lycopodium to do the job.

I want to get all of my mini Christmas trees covered with the greenery in question. I ordered it from HBS miniatures on line. 

It came in the mail and I immediately put it away with the green landscaping material and forgot about it.

It is $16.99 a bag, but you get a LOT of green stuff for your green stuff.

That bag that you see has covered several trees already and there is enough to do a lot more.

The method is simple if you can find plain green Christmas trees. You simply pull the lyco apart, put glue on the end of the branch and poke it into the tree.  After you get them all covered, they usually need a bit of a haircut. 

This stuff is the same thing that you sometimes see in fish tanks.  Unfortunately, that can't be used.  It needs to be dried and colored a dark green, before using on minis.

Anyway, I have three covered and another one half done.



Albert and Tessie managed to zap one to Albert's front yard.  I have a feeling that a few more are going to disappear as I do these. 

As the word spreads, everyone is going to want a Christmas tree.

This is going to be a fruitless venture.  As soon as one is finished, I imagine that it will disappear into somebody's house or yard. 

I'm going to let it happen.  That way, I won't have to do the decorating. They can do it themselves.

Back to stuffing green stuff into bottle brush trees. One branch at a time.  Then everybody gets a haircut. There is a more detailed blog entry on doing this.  Just push Christmas Tree Tutorial in the sidebar.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
That is such a wonderful technique for making trees. they look very realistic. I hope they will keep the gang busy so you can get a few moments of peace and quiet.
Big hug
Giac

rosanna said...

So beautiful, I tried one but I am not a good hairdresser and the results were nothing similar to your beginning !

Caseymini said...

Hey Rosanna! It's good to know that you are still around. The trees take a little practice. If at first you don't succeed, try again. They will get better!