Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

No Albert Until Thursday...

Tessie and I are both in so much trouble! 

I went to my favorite Goodwill store this morning.

This is what I found.  No. Not Tessie.

All of the stuff around her.
It was a large bag of ribbon and trims for 6.99. With the "Little Old Lady Discount", It came out to around 5.50.  There was another smaller bag, but I didn't take it...

It looked to me like a lot of mini ribbons and trims. For that price, I was willing to take a chance...

I am SO glad that I did!!!

A lot of the little plastic bags, I recognized from mini shows back in the eighties. I was right!
As I unpacked everything, I wrote down the prices on the bags. To my surprise, by the time I finished, There was over 150.00 worth of trims and ribbons!!!

I took Each item out of it's bag and wound the ribbons and trims on separate cards.

As I was doing it, I kept thinking of the other bag that I saw. When I finished everything but Tessie's pile. I decided that I wanted that other bag. 

I went back to Goodwill and got it.  It was 2.30 more.  It had some more trims and some very nice antique lace.

I think by the time I finish Tessie's pile, I can safely estimate the total very close to $200.00 worth of trims, lace and braids.  

I have to go back now and finish untangling Tessie's mess. She can't seem to get out of there.  I just hope I don't have to cut her loose.  That would be a shame...

She is just going to have to tolerate the mess that she got herself into until I untangle her. 

Wish me luck! See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Way to go on a great find! The best I've done at Goodwill is a Braxton Payne fireplace and a couple of desk clocks that when sold at a store, go for around $200 a piece. Those are still my best surprises of stuff found there so far! lol

Isabel Ruiz said...

Parece que has hecho una buena compra¡Vaya lio que ha preparado con las cintas!