Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Not Socks...

I found this yarn at Walmart yesterday.  It is Lion Brand worsted weight. It is called "Mandala" and it is making me want to do things other than socks for Christmas this year.  I started a shawl with the rainbow colorway.

So far, I like it.  The colors don't show up well in the photo.  Too bright.  It goes from on color to the next.  Just like a rainbow.
I bought two different balls.  The second one is more muted than the first.  There were a lot of other colors in stock. 

I like to do simple granny square shawls in yarn like this.  It shows off the color more than the stitches.
We ordered a new table and chairs for the back porch.  Guess who wants to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner out there now... Yup.  She's sitting in the middle of the table, waiting to be served...

Good luck with that Tessie...
I came back in the house and Tessie zapped herself into the work room. 

She demanded that I give HER boxes back.  Someone told her that I was going to use them for fairy houses...

To put it in her words... "Over my dead body!!!"

It is simple.  I will just call them Tessie's faerie houses and she will be happy. Anything with her name on it makes her a happy camper...

Back to crocheting now.  I want to see how fast I can finish one of those balls.  That's how big the shawl is going to be... No bigger. I think that they are going to be a pretty good size.

Back to the hook.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: