Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Tessie's Happy...

I have about a quarter of Tessie's rug finished...

She is pleased... I am too.

This way of making rugs is really fun. I have to get much better at it before I teach it though. 
 Because the fiber is uncut, it looks a lot more pail than the part that I have already finished.

This is how much more thread that I have to use to finish the square rug that I want to do.
I had to go back to the store and get the extra thread. I was afraid that if I waited until I ran out, somebody else would have bought the rest of the dye lot.  Couldn't let that happen, so I went back today and bought the last three skeins off the rack.

Unfortunately, these other skeins jumped in my bag and followed me home. 

Tessie is now trying to talk me into making her yet another rug.  I may just have to. It keeps her quiet.  She sits and watches me work.  Just making sure that I do it right.

It is going to be a long time before I use up this much thread.  Don't tell her that.  The eyestrain will be unbearable. 

I am stopping for tonight.  I can't see straight.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Lynnette in KS said...

Your rugs are fantastic, I'd be fighting for them right along side Tessie. I'm amazed at how quickly you get so much done. I love your blog!

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
It is beautiful. I think it sad that Tessie feels the need to keep an eye on you. Your work is always perfection!
Big hug
Giac

Wendy Luane Barber said...

I love this rug. Can't wait for when you're ready to teach it. The floor of my roombox is a bit bad and parts need to be covered. This type of rug would work. How exciting.