Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, June 17, 2017

I Agree With Tessie!!!

I went out to water this morning and decided that I am not a bonsai grower... I touched the branches on the bonsai that I planted a few days ago and the green stuff turned to flakes of green and fell of in my hand.

I don't think that I am qualified to do bonsai.  At least not regular sized bonsai. 

So I decided to try my hand at fake mini bonsai.  So far those are turning out pretty good.  If all else fails, try it in mini!

I got the frames for the trees made from brass paddle wire that they  use for flower arranging.  It is 26 gage.  It is easy to bend and shape.

I stuck each one in a piece of air drying clay. I will paint the wire a bark color and then do some leaves of some kind.

About the time I decided to take a photo of them for you. Tessie came bouncing in with the new potting shed.  She insisted I take a photo of the four trees on the porch of the potting shed... I suspected that something was afoot...

She went to the other end of the bed where I was working.  She whipped out a sticky pad and a pencil and went to work.

When she was done, she posted the note on the door. In case you can't see it, it says, "Tessie's Trees". 

I assume that is a hint as to what to do with the new potting shed. 

She started pacing off an area on one side. Poked some pins in the bed in four places and said, "That's how big I want the green house for the trees!".  Someone please remind me to take out the pins before I go to sleep.

Then she picked up her note pad and pen and zapped herself and the potting shed back to the workroom. At least I am assuming that is where she went.  She is probably hunting for that potting bench that I made and didn't  use in the conservatory. 

I guess I should go hunt her down, before she gets into more mischief than she can handle. One thing leads to another... There will be a greenhouse, then probably a roadside stand for selling bonsai.  I can't say that I have seen one of those before, but that doesn't mean that it can't be done.  Tessie does like to lead her own parade, to see if anybody follows. 

Back to the bonsai trees.  See you tomorrow.


1 comment:

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
Mini bonsais are definitely more fun...and less work in the long run ;)
I think the potting shed could actually make a nice tree shop...way to go Tessie.
Big hug
Giac