Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Having Fun Now...

My First She Shed!

First I drew up a floor plan and then all of the walls and some of the details to go with it, in quarter scale.

It's kind of hard to see in this photo, but I did the floor in the middle of the page and then drew out a wall on all four sides.

The plan is pretty plain and is meant to be spruced up in the style of the Witch making it. 
The base is 9" by 12".  I figured that was a good size to sit on a book shelf or elsewhere.

As usual, I can't leave well enough alone.  I am turning mine into a Mediterranean Hideout.  You can't see it from this angle, but the window at the back has an arched top. 

I am probably going to make some kind of folding doors for the front.

I don't think that I want to mess with tile on the roof. I may just make it slate or something of that sort.
Anyway, as soon as Tessie saw it, she zapped her "One Woman Chair" into place... I was hoping to get a little further along before she caught on to what I was doing...

It didn't work.
Have you ever tried to lay a stone floor with a little witch plopped down in the middle on her favorite chair and foot stool?

The stone work definitely slows down when this happens. I am hoping to at least finish the floor today.

I would like to have it far enough along to take to the witch meeting on Wednesday...

I wonder if she will wander off if I stop and make cookies? Maybe...

I am going back to work now.  Witch or no Witch.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
She does like making your life difficult, doesn't she! The structure is looking good and It seems to be a very nice size. Can't wait to see more.
Big hug
Giac