Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Tessie's Cactus Collection...


I no longer have a cacti and succulent collection.  This afternoon, Tessie helped me start gathering the information on all of the plants that I have on the back porch and in the yard... Then she announced... "If I have to do all of this work, I should have custody of all of the plants that I list.

She seems to think that she has listed every plant on the porch... Interesting. I have not even gotten all of them listed yet.

Why am I doing this?

All of the plants that I have in the collection are things that are of interest to me.  I came home after buying most of them and looked them up on the net. 
 That is an easy way to find out how to take care of them.  I keep collecting photos and information on my Pinterest site in "Succulents and Cactus".

That way if something goes wrong, I can find out, pretty fast, what to do to make them get healthy again.
I am always amazed at how much you can find out about anything that you want to know just by putting a couple of words in the search box on Pinterest.

I am writing things down the old fashioned way, but I may just have to do it on the iPad.

Tessie is holding on to about 10 pages of the notebook that are filled with names of the things in the pots on the back porch... She did NOT write them down.  I did... Therefore I think that the plants are still mine.  She will tell you a different story.  Please don't listen to her.

Anyway, I had a doctor's appointment this morning.  Nothing wrong.  Just routine. So I decided to do something fun, just for me.  I fed the birds and squirrels.  Then I sat back and watched.  We have three new baby squirrels.  Walter called me out to the kitchen window to watch. Momma was teaching them to chew on the bird  block this afternoon.  Very cute! 

So I didn't really accomplish anything mini, but then, neither did Tessie! So she can't hassle me about not doing any minis.

The wind seems to be calming down a bit.  Maybe I can do some more re-potting.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Aww.. Baby squirrels! I have crows here feeding their babies on bread crusts and peanuts I throw out the window for them. I love this time of year... wishing you fat-baby blessings to your garden too!

anisnofla said...

Bonita colección de cactus, da igual que sea tuya o de Tessie.
Besitos

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
The way you keep records of your plants remind me of how the owners of great houses kept records of their collections. It sounds like a great activity. I hope Tessie will be of some help...or at least out of your way.
Big hug
Giac