Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, May 19, 2017

For the Birds...

I read somewhere on the net that Orioles were supposed to love oranges... Does this look like an Oriole?

The only completely red Oriole in the universe...

Well. At least someone is enjoying the oranges.
And where was Mr. Oriole?  Yup.  He thinks he is a hummer.  I don't really care what either of them eat, as long as they just keep coming back for more.

They are both really fun to watch.
 Of course both are not particular what in in the feeder, as long as it's sweet stuff.

They take turns at the hummingbird feeder and tend to keep the hummers away.  That's why I have five small feeders, instead of a couple of large ones.

I even have plain old sparrows and house wrens that think that they are hummingbirds.
This is the lady Oriole. She's not as bright as the male, but very pretty in a more subdued way.

In case you didn't catch it, Mr. Oriole is that yellow blob that you see in the feeder.  He is on the other side. His tail is the only real part of him that shows in the photo...
Now. On to minis.  I was going to re-do the trees on the castle today, but unfortunately, they are going to have to have all greenery replaced.  It looks like green rat's nests. I will probably be able to save the branches, but the green stuff is all going to have to be replaced. 

That will probably have to wait until Monday, when I can get to the store. 

 Back to tearing out rat's nests. See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Molly said...

One more time I want to thank you for a very entertaining and informative read. Your wildlife is fantastic. Be safe, -Molly

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
How wonderful it must be to wonder at those gorgeous birds!
I am sorry the greenery did not work out and needs to be replaced...I'd take a break and look at the birds.
Big hug
Giac