Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, April 14, 2017

Wicker Madness!

I tried.  I dug out some old eighties scrapbooks... BC.  Before Computer.

I thought that would get Tessie's mind off of the wicker. Maybe some new rugs?

It worked for a very small space of time.

Then she turned to me and asked... "OK.  Where'd you hide the wicker books?"
 She stomped her feet and whinged and whined until I dragged out every wicker book in the bookcase.

This chair was the first thing she picked out. Probably the most complicated thing in that particular book.

Then she was off to the races!  See all of those little yellow tags sticking out of all of the books?  They are marking things that she wants me to make... NOW!  Not a week from now.  Not a month from now... NOW?

This is a chase that she picked out. Very nice and not too complicated...

Probably finish-able in a few of days...
To make up for the simplicity of the chase, she picked this one out... It's a photographer's Victorian posing chair.

That would definitely take more than a day or two..... or three... or even four...
I calmed her down and took away her pile of yellow post it notes.

I showed her this one.  I have been wanting to do it since I purchased the book.  And that was a lot of years back.  I have been looking for the perfect blue and white fabric to go on the upholstery.  So far, it's a no go. If I don't find it soon, I may resort to a blue permanent marker. 

Anyway, I kept her busy all afternoon just looking at pretty photos and marking the ones that she liked best.  I no longer have any post it notes left, but she is happy and out of my hair for the rest of the day... Back to work.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: