Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

A Wire Forrest...

That's how Tessie described my worktable this afternoon...

I have four chairs, a footstool as long as the settee and a plant stand all wired and ready to weave.
Unfortunately, Tessie won't let me forget the box of blanks that still need to be wired up.

A few even still need the holes drilled. One step forward and three steps back.

I do believe that the box is going back into the wicker drawer and forgotten about. 

Blanks?  What blanks?
Meanwhile, Tessie is now taking custom orders.  Zar wants a long list of furniture for the Clockwork Cottage. 

I am trying to forget about that for the time being.  That is a house with a big footprint and the only place that it fits at present is on top of the bookshelf in the workroom.

I don't even want to talk about it.  I have so many things in progress right now that I am going to have to put numbers on everything and have a drawing as to which project will get worked on next.

That's why the wicker is getting done.  At least those pieces will get finished.  If I keep plugging along on those I will feel like I am at least accomplishing something.

That reminds me.  I need to go get some dye to do some thread for a medium brown. I am out of that color of thread. Another excuse not to start some of the pieces.  I don't want all beige and white wicker. Boring!

Back to wiring.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

mcddiss said...

pues si que has adelantado con el mimbre , aunque con todo lo que tienes esperando no lo parezca a veces , no es bueno eso de que la mente vaya mas deprisa que las manos , se nos acumula el trabajo , jajajja

besitos

Mari

Юлия said...

This cute couple does not let you get bored)) You had the courage to put things in order, it means enough courage to finish all projects. Hugs, Julia