Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, March 10, 2017

Pussy Willows or Dogwood?

I didn't like the way that the painted wire was working out.  The paint kept flaking off. 

I am just not a fan of rolling tiny balls of cotton from a large cotton ball either... Picky. Picky. Picky.

Anyway, I went searching for some other way to do it and I wound up with something that looks more like dogwood than pussy willows. 

I kind of like them if I don't think of them as pussy willows.
This stem of stuff from a fake flower boquet was what I was using...

Wrong color, but could be painted...

I used my Nandina for the stems.

Hey.  My reasoning was right, but I didn't know that they would "bloom" when painted.
Anyway, this is what I had with the three branches when I got finished.  Not bad, if you don't specify exactly what they are supposed to be.

Yup...Dogwood was what I was aiming for all along... Sure I was!

I am quite pleased with how they look.  Even if the cats turned out to be dogs. All I have to do now is add a few little green leaves.

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Юлия said...

I like these flowers. They are very cute. Let's think that this is such a variety.

Cara said...

They look great! I call all my plants Wonder Plants and Wonder Flower. That's because you "wonder" what in the world they are ;)

elizabeth s said...

I AGREE! They look like Dogwood to me too, Casey. Now that's what I'd call Serendipity! :D

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
It look awesome! Not what you might have been going for, but a great new technique!
Big hug
Giac