Friday, January 20, 2017
With Some Help From Tessie...
I only finished three boxes that I am satisfied with. The rest are still a mess. I keep putting things back where they don't belong... Not good...
I guess it counts just as well when I clean the basket making supplies.
Tessie found a LOT of baskets in various states of unfinished...
It worked pretty good. I simply smeared glue on the center of the top and cut a piece of fabric larger than the area that I wanted to cover. Then I worked out at one side at a time all around. It came out pretty good.
I lined the lid with compressed quilt batting and will use it for a bead tray and the box will hold my supplies when I take beading to Wednesday Witches.
Just another experiment that turned out pretty good.
If you try it, don't try to do the whole thing at once. Do it a little bit at a time, working out from the center.
After I got the fabric glued in place, I trimmed all around with a sharp pair of fabric scissors. I don't think that anybody will mistake this for their box.... After all, it has a witch and my name on it!
See you tomorrow.