Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Viking Knits...

This was one of those Wednesdays when no minis were done... I took some wire along to the Witchy meeting and worked on Viking knit whilst the rest of the group made purses that I already knew how to make.

For those of you that aren't familiar with  this, Viking knit is really just a LOT of loops done over a long dowel or other round stick like object. 

My weapon of choice is a fat crochet hook.

I didn't have  a camera at the meeting, so no photos of the process.

The whole process is just one loop after another. If you put "Viking Knit" in the search on "You Tube" you will get some videos on how to do it.

When you have the knitting done it will be a long hollow tube.

You stretch it and make it thinner by drawing it through a board with a series of holes.  The one that I did today started out a little larger than the largest hole on the board.
I managed to draw it through seven of the holes and then quit. The one in the photo at the top is the one that I made today.

The two to the left are some that I have made before.  I combined them with stones from the gem show from a couple of years ago.

This one may just be a plain chain bracelet.  I need to put end caps and fasteners on it, but other than that, I am going to leave it plain. That way, I can wear it with other bracelets.

Anyway, that's all I got done this afternoon.  Back to minis tomorrow.

See you then.

1 comment:

Shelleybweb said...

Dear Casey,

I hope all is well with you and your family. I have been reading you daily for about four years now, after reading all of your back posts.

I'm sending you and yours all of my love, hoping that this is just a small computer problem.. Wishing you the best,

Take care, Shelley