Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Marlies Pitchers...

Years ago, I used to follow a blog called Marlies and Minis.  I went to look for it this morning and found the name but couldn't find the blog.  It looked as if some kind of computer outfit had taken the name over. 

I originally got this pattern from Marlies.  She should get full credit for it.

I decided to teach it to the Wednesday Witches today.  Thus the hunt.

Marlies, wherever you are, I thank you for the pattern. It is a good one and I have used it often.

It is for a pitcher made of paper, that looks like it is an old metal pitcher.  It is fun because you can make it from any paper that you happen to have on hand.

I usually use double sided, card stock weight, scrapbook paper.  If you don't have that, you can glue regular weight paper back to back and use that.

This is another one of those that, if you have a program that will do it, you should try to re size the pattern in that program.  The measurements on the first photo will give you some idea of what you are doing.

After you cut out the two main pieces, use a pencil and roll them on your leg.  This will give the curve that you need, without kinks and folds that you don't want.  Start at the center and work out to both edges, to get it right.

After you are satisfied with the curve, run a thin line of glue down one edge and glue it over the other edge. 

This is what it should look like.

After the glue is dry, run a line of glue inside the body of the pitcher and sit the top portion down in the hole. 

Sometimes you have to trim this to suit your taste after you get it on and dry.

Just keep messing with it until it looks good to you.
The one that I am working on is on the left.  The handle has been glued to the outside of the back, where the two back seams meet.

You can put the top of the handle inside or outside the top.  Let it dry well and then curve the handle down and fasten it to the back seam of the pitcher where you like it.

The last step is to cut around the bottom edge after the glue is dry.  Then cover all of the raw edges with either gold or black with a Sharpie.  I even covered the inside of the top piece with gold Sharpie on the center dark blue pitcher.

Anyway, I started the Wednesday Witches making them this afternoon... They are like potato chips.  Bet you can't make just one! And by the way, You can make flower pots by making the body piece shorter and turning it upside down.  Then put an extra strip of the card stock around the wide edge and glue the narrow edge of it to a scrap for the bottom, just like the pitcher. Let dry and cut off the excess.  There you have it!

Post Script... A couple of you found Marlies and Minis.  I never thought of looking for her with her blog title.  Anyway, she was one of my favorites until someone took her blog away.  Now I am going back to join in her followers.  Here's the URL. http://marliesandminis.blogspot.nl  I am going to look for the original pattern on her site.  I do hope that I didn't do anything wrong by using it. 

See you tomorrow.

8 comments:

elizabeth s said...

Your pitchers look good Casey. :)

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
Thank you for sharing the great pattern and the how-to information.
Big hug
Giac

Ilona said...

Hi Casey! I was looking around in the blog world and I read your blog of yesterday. I think that Marlies her blog was taken over, but I'm not sure.... Anyway, her new blog is: http://marliesandminis.blogspot.nl/2016/08/working-on-clock.html I hope this is helpful for you.
Kind regards, Ilona

Unknown said...

Casey, I think I found her. Try this web site

http://marliesandminis.blogspot.nl

I think this is the one you are looking for.

Cass

Caseymini said...

Marlie still has a blog! A couple of people found it. See above comments. Thanks.

Fabiola said...

Beautiful! I made them so.

marlies said...


Hello Casey,
That's been a long time.... Yes my blog was hacked.... I could not get it back, so I made a new link. :)
That is a lovely post you made about the pitchers and thank you for your compliments on my post about them .. years ago?
There were many things happening in my life and somehow I lost the joy on blogging... I started a Facebook, many people are there and it is much faster in respond to a post. But after a while I missed my blog, so a little while ago I started blogging again.
Much of my followers are not having my new link, and my blogroll is not complete anymore.... Therefore I've lost a lot of blog addresses and see no updates..
I think I have to unfollow the blog and become new follower again, but I do not know how to unfollow...?
My english is still no better huh? ;)
But now I found you back, I will follow you again, I always loved your blog with so many ideas and your beautiful miniatures. :)
Thank you dear friend, will have some reading to do on your blog,
* marlies
You did nothing wrong, I liked it to see that so many people are having fun making pitchers! You are a good teacher !! :)

Caseymini said...

Hi Marlies! I am so happy to be back in contact with you! I always enjoyed your blog and wondered what happened to you.Now I can go back to reading it again.