Sunday, August 14, 2016
One of the things that I found was this lamp.
I did it a lot of years ago. It's last life was kind of witchy.
The lamp is made out of an old Christmas candle light with a line switch. It had a shade to begin with, but I had to add the wooden base. It was just the brass piece that you see.
When I first started using it, I glued the brass to a wood plaque from Walmart.
I made a new shade at the time and have made several others over the years.
It just depends on what I am going to use it for and what materials I have at hand as to how it turns out.
It was printed with buttons.
I simply traced the original shade... Or I should say, the former shade. I don't even remember what the original shade was made from.
Then I cut "V's" in the excess. I turned the edges under and over lapped the ends.
What is on the base is not what is going to stay there. Tessie grabbed a chair and footstool. She then sat down with her latest copy of Variety and promptly went to sleep and started snoring loudly.
I am not about to wake her up. The peace and quiet is enjoyable...
Too many decisions to be made. What to keep and what to throw.
I have a tendency to save the smallest pieces of wood, since I work in "Small".
You never know when I will need a 1" piece of 1/4" stock...
Anyway, I am going back now to join the snoring... No not mine... Just Tessie. She is in the middle of the worktable and I will be working around her. Wish me luck.
See you tomorrow.