Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, April 10, 2016

One Simple Rule...

Just keep plugging along until the item is finished...

Granted, I don't do it in one fell swoop... I jump about, but it all gets done eventually.

Yesterday, I worked on the second of this pair of socks for a while.  I am down to the toe on the second one... Not far to go.
 OK... So I started something new... That was a couple of weeks ago. This will be a scarf/shawl when I am finished... I have a LONG ways to go...

I am using a F hook and sock yarn.  It could take a while to use up the whole ball... It will be do-able if I just keep the hook, thread and the pattern in my head together... I did a couple of rows yesterday. Each row gets bigger... and longer...
I am working on the border of the Russian rug almost every day, for at least a little while... It will be done soon enough if I keep at it...

What is the point?  We all have our own way of doing things.  Not everybody likes to jump around on different projects. I do. 

That is to keep from getting bored...

I am still doing the sorting and cleaning of the workroom too...

While I was doing that, I got an idea and I talked the Wednesday Witches into going along with it.

Since I am doing a DEEP cleaning this time, there is a lot of stuff that is too good to throw out without seeing if any of my friends want any of it.

The boxes and the jar of stuff on the table is to go with me on Wednesday.  Up for grabs. I am updating my plastic fishing tackle boxes.  These are over 20 years old and missing some dividers.  I imagine that someone will be able to use them though.

I put it before the Witches last Wednesday.  They all liked the idea...Now all we have to do is keep it going.  I thought that I would mention it here.  Maybe some of you belong to groups that could use this same method of passing things on.

From here on I will refer to witches by name.  It won't mean anything to you, but it will make it easier for me to explain. 

Two weeks ago, Barb brought a small box with a lot of metal statues and other goodies.  She wanted to pass it around so that others could take what they wanted.  We did, but she still had quite a bit of stuff.  I asked her to leave it here and I would see that it got to the next meeting.  I took one tiny moon out of it...

Meanwhile, I started sorting all of the boxes that I have in my workroom.  I had a couple of the plastic fishing tackle boxes that I use to store stuff.  I took one of those and started putting usable stuff in as I went.  Stuff that was still good, but I was not likely to use.  I took the two boxes to the next meeting. 

I proposed that the person that was hosting the meeting was responsible for getting the box of stuff to the following meeting... That way, they would have a chance to look through it.  They could take out or add as they liked and bring it to the next house. 

I doubt that this will last for a long time, but for right now, everyone wants to play the game.  We will all have a chance to look through the box every week.  We can take out or add at the meeting.  Then the hostess of the meeting will bring it the following week... 

I think that it is recycling in a good way.  After a few times, we will be able to determine what is to be thrown away because nobody wants it. And hopefully, some of the stuff in the box will be of use to some of the others.

I could keep this going, all by myself for months and months. But I won't unless everyone wants to keep playing the game.

I am off now to do more sorting. 

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

De said...

An online group I belong to used to have a round robin swap box that worked on the same principle as yours. Take out as much as you want and put in things that you know longer want that might be useful to someone else. I found many things in those boxes over a few years.