Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, January 25, 2016

The Russians Are Coming!

This  morning, Walter and I went to see the new Star Wars movie... No spoilers here.  Good movie, but there will never be another one as good as the first one. 

When we got back, I worked on the Russian rug for a while...

A black background is always good for showing off needlework... If it doesn't move.

I got lucky.  Kota was not in the mood to move just because I laid something on his back. We won't talk about the look of disgust on his face...
After that, I decided that it might be a good idea to see if the rug was going to work... Size wise.  It did.

I am missing a samovar that I made when I was working on this before... I have the feeling that it is on the floor behind one of the bookcases that the cottage was living on over the past couple of years.

The balalaika and the furniture are all pieces that I copied from the real thing.

The bed slides under the roof on the right side in the daytime. 

Tessie did try it out when I first made it and approved, even though the cottage is not for her.


I think that I am going to have to put a base under it.  I prefer my houses with a bit of a yard.  That makes them look more natural to me.

This house will live here until April gets a larger real house.

This and the western movie set that I made a long time ago are hers... There is just no room for them at her place right now.
Yup.  The house definitely needs a base.  Now I am going to have to go research what kind of flowers to plant in a Russian garden... I know that sunflowers are one kind...

I also have to frame the windows and build a door. 

Back to work. 

Lots to be done.

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Lucille said...

Kota looks insulted. After all, cats are descended from royalty. The rug is lovely! I have always loved that little Russian cottage!

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
The rug is really coming along beautifully.
Big hug
Giac

miniaturista said...

Muy bonita..me encantan tus trabajos.
Un abrazo
Maite

Fabiola said...

Your rug is amazing.