Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Hiding From Half Timber

At least the wood work for the half timber, on the outside is finished.

As soon as I started, the house got strangely quiet... No Tessie.  No Zar.  Not even a Spike!

They all detest half timbering and I don't really blame them.
I finished all three sides whilst listening to some guy on the travel channel looking for the lost city of gold. 

I was more successful than he was.  As far as I know, he is still wandering around Peru.

The next step is to make the rest of the panels look stained and messy, like the area around the chimney.
On this side of the building, I am going to put an area for excess wood.  Covered and off the ground.  I wouldn't want all of Zar's precious wood to get ruined.

Anyway, I am on a roll and should get back at it before the mood leaves me.

Back to work.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

elizabeth s said...

A couple of comments from me... First, Congratulations about your successful results after surgery Casey! I was reading over some of your earlier posts and was DELIGHTED to learn of it, as I KNOW you must have been too. And I want to let you know that you have been in my prayers too!
Secondly, I LOVE your half-timbered house! I love what you are doing to this structure and I especially like the look of the chimney, so keep up your GREAT WORK! :D

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
It might not be fun, but your half timbering is superb and the house looks wonderful!
Big hug
Giac