Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy Birthday Walter!!!

And Happy New Year to the rest of you...

I am taking my resting seriously.  I have to get rid of this cold by Monday or there will be a postponement of the surgery.

So... I sent Walter off to see Star Wars with April. 

I benefited by doing so... I got two more refreshment trays... Now Tessie wants another castle... I am ignoring her for the moment...

I also benefited from one of the hikes that the kids go on, out in the desert.  Lots of pretty rocks and some desert glass besides.  All of it will be used.  Thanks kids!
I stayed home and started watching the series "How to Get Away With Murder".  I have only watched a few episodes, but I am hooked.  Great series.  Especially for cross stitch... Lots of dialog.

The rug doesn't look like much so far, but... There are already about a thousand stitches in it... The whole thing will be 15,000 so I have a pretty good start. 

Tessie would like you to believe the she did all of the hard work... It won't work.  I have the needle dented fingers to prove that it was me that did the work...

I am going back and learn more about how to get away with murder and get more stitches finished...

A combination of watching and learning...

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Lucille said...

Casey, I had never heard of desert glass and so I Googled it. it's lovely! I have never heard of that series either. Must Google it. A Happy Birthday to Walter, by the way!

Karin Corbin said...

Wishing Walter a happy birthday.

carmen said...

feliz año nuevo!

Cara said...

Happy Birthday, Walter!! You got a lot done on the rug since yesterday. As a fellow cross stitcher, you can color me impressed.