Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, December 18, 2015

Press Really Hard!!!

OK. This is what the sidewalk looked like when I finished yesterday.

Today, I took a crochet hook to the edges of the stones.


Now they look much more like real stones.  I used both ends of the hook to bend down the edges and put a few extra lines in the stones.

 Then I decided to take control of the kitchen once more.

You can now see the Forest Fantasy Cottage from all three sides and it can be pulled out to see the fourth.  Although that is really the back... A very uninteresting side.  Just wall and trees.

Anyway, now it has room to move.
I have a Christmas Orchid.  This is one that stopped blooming about six months ago... I noticed that it had a really ugly little stem coming out... Yesterday the flowers were half open.  Today I have two orchids and a promise of a third one!  Silly orchid thinks it's summer!

Don't anybody tell it that Christmas is coming! 

I have to go  start painting stones. 

See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Karin Corbin said...

The orchid is not confused, it actually is mid summer in the southern hemisphere :)

Lucille said...

The stones are looking better after you have used the crochet hook on them! Love your orchid!

Caseymini said...

Hey Karin! I did six of the eight tiny houses that you sent me today. They are turning out great! I will put them on the blog tomorrow. Tessie likes the black for a witchy Christmas.

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
Your stonework always amazes me. It looks terrific! Those orchids might be silly, but they are lovely.
Big hug
Giac