Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Doing It From Scratch!

OK. I am serious this time.  I am going through from top to bottom this time and if something doesn't belong, it gets moved or tossed.  I mean it!  This is what my small landscaping box looked like this morning. 


It took me a good half hour to simply dump everything out and start over.  I even washed the box... I was forced to.  There was sand in the bottom...

I can now find everything that is in the box at a moment's notice.

I have also decided that, if I show you one of the boxes that I am working on, I will give you a simple tutorial with some of the things in the box.
This is about as simple as they get.  I cut a 3/4" long piece from my Cape Honeysuckle plant outside. You could use just about any branch that was the right size.  I used these because they fit the acorn caps that I happened to have.

The second step was, using white glue, I glued the acorn cap to the top of the branch.  Then I made a hole in it by simply painting a black dot.  Or if you were so inclined you could drill a hole.  I took the lazy way out.  I did drill a small hole for the perch.  I used a whittled down toothpick for that part.  That's all there is to it. 

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Lucille said...

Cute! Really cute and simple to make! I will keep this in mind.

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
Nice job cleaning out your landscaping items. The little house is adorable. Well done!
Big hug,
Giac

Mary said...

I Love seeing your stash - I would like to see a picture of it all dumped out. Great little project, I look forward to seeing more.
A Big Mini Hug, Mary