Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Back to the Cottage...

 I had Walter move the Forest Fantasy Cottage back into the bedroom.  The lighting is better in the Family room, but Not as much work gets done...  No TV. OK I admit it, I am hooked on having a TV to watch' or at least listen to whilst working...

This morning, I discovered that the left corner of the kitchen had come up from it's fastenings.  Not enough glue.

I proceeded to remedy the situation with lots of glue and a knitting needle for a brace until it dries.

The appliances that you see are simply illustration board mock ups of the right size to see if they fit.  They come in handy when I want to measure a room for stoves and such.

While waiting for the glue to dry I cut out the pieces for the couch/bed that will slide under the upper landing.

The piece on the right will be stationary.  The left has a mattress that slides in and out.  It will have a 1/2" foam mattress on top that will be covered with the same upholstery material as the rest of the couch.
Tessie and Zar left the traveling party just so Tessie could  try it on for size.  It fits.

As for the party, I have to go look to see where the troops are stationed now.  They weren't in Eskiaga's place when I went by this morning... All of that floor mopping for naught!

I suspect that which ever place they decided to go next will need a good cleaning after they move on, so I will just listen and not look... If I do, I might lock the whole gang in a cage and leave them in the back yard with the squirrels...

Speaking of squirrels, I need to go feed them.  Very soon they may become unruly and start eating plants that they shouldn't.

I think that I hear noise coming from The Crooked House... Maybe I should go check that out.  Come to think of it, there was never a housewarming in the Embroiderer's Cottage. And it is between the Craft Cottage and Eskiaga's place...  Maybe I should wait until tomorrow to look.

See you then.

2 comments:

Lucille said...

Looking forward to seeing that bed/couch, Casey! So original! Those little people sure like to party! You must have air conditioning because if they were in my house, they probably would all be passed out from the heat in here. Sure wish I had air conditioning.

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
I hear ya about the TV in the workspace. most of the time it is watching me, but it is always on while I work. the bed will be terrific. It was a really great idea and I love the shape it is taking.
Big hug,
Giac