Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Greatest Cookbook in the World...

 I have never, never, never cooked any recipe in this whole cookbook, but it is still the greatest!

Yes, it has lots of good recipes, and lots of pretty photos of the results. 

But the best thing about this book is, IT IS HEAVY!


I was having trouble getting the right side of the upper level to stay down.  It took a while, but I finally came around to the usual solution for raising floors.

I put pieces of foamcore around the walls to keep the floor level. 

The floor had to be 1 3/4" high.  Thus, all of the braces were 1 1/2".  






When I got everything in place, the Terrible Two plus one came in and offered to help...

As usual, their idea of helping is to sit and chat.

Tessie told Zar, "My extra weight on top of the book is going to be just right for getting this to stay down...

His reply?  "Yes, and me sitting on the steps will keep them in place..."


I pushed the three of them out of the way and removed the book.

Then I politely thanked them for their help... Hey!  That's easier than arguing with them for half of the afternoon!

Now, I think that I will offer tea and cookies.  That will keep them out of the way for another hour. 

Back to work!

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
It's looking great! Another use for cookbooks ;)
Big hug,
Giac