Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, June 5, 2015

Kind of Before and After...

I didn't get a whole lot done on the landscaping today. 

We went to see the new movie, "Spy", with Melissa McCarthy.  Great fun!  Loved it. 

This is what the front of the Forest Fantasy Cottage looked like when I started this morning.
I did have to go back and glue on some of the green stuff that I just had sitting on the branches of the left hand tree.

Then I went on to do the tree on the other side.

All of the while trying to block out the directions, shouted out by Tessie... "Higher! No lower... A little more to the left.  No back to the right!" 

I finally stuffed some of the greenery in both ears and just did what I thought was right.
I kept going until I had some of the darker green foliage glued under the roof line.  That will be the foliage for the string trees and the roof.

The lighter foliage is for the rosemary bushes.

I still have to decide what I a going to put on the Nandina.  Those may get paper leaves, just to give some different texture to those plants.

I can't say that I am sorry that the landscaping didn't get further along. The movie was much more fun than listening to Tessie's directions...

Now I will get serious and go back to work.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

kimberlyncreations said...

Your landscaping is wonderful, so natural. Mine never looks that realistic. I also love your steps. You are always so inspiring.

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
It is looking better every single time. Keep up the amazing work!
Big hug,
Giac