Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Playing Around...

I found two new books at Goodwill this morning.  They will help in both large and small projects.  Lots of photos of pretty garden ideas.

 I also found some new plants in the back yard that, when dried will make excellent mini plants.

Both are varieties of Hens and Chickens.  Not sure which kind.  I am terrible about saving labels and information on plants.

This second kind is already dried.  I picked these yesterday. I am liking these just the way that they are.  Love the color.

I let the stems dry out right on the plant.  They seem to be stronger when dried that way.
Now.  About the trees...

I haven't fastened anything down yet, but I couldn't wait to see how the floral foam and reindeer moss were going to look...

Neither could the Terrible Two plus One. 

I left two of the blocks whole and uncovered so that you could see what I was working with.

I am planning on making the trees taller, by stacking the floral foam. 

Keep in mind that there is a large skylight behind Zar.  I will leave that area open for light. 

Anyway... I do believe that this might just work.  Wish me luck!

See you tomorrow.

No comments: