Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, April 3, 2015

The Eternal Triangle...

First of all, this little guy was wandering around on the porch this morning.  A lot of people don't like lizards, but they are one of my favorites.  They keep the bug population down in the back yard, so I am happy to have them here...

Now on to the  business at hand...
I started working on the window seat this morning.

Spike likes the mock up.  He did however mention that it could be just a bit shorter... It's a long jump to get up there...

Actually, it is the standard 18" of a normal chair, but I think that he is right.  It would be more relaxing if it were a tiny bit lower...
So... I made it lower... And wider...

After all, Zar is a big guy, as mini men go... 

By the way, the eternal triangle is not one of those love triangles that you hear about..

It's more of an "I got here first, so it's mine!" kind of triangles.

Zar managed to get to the window seat first.  Now I have Tessie and Daisy trying to get him off, so that they each can have a turn trying it out...

I made it five inches long and two and a half inches wide at the widest point.  The two thicknesses of ceiling tile that Zar is sitting on is about 1 1/4" high...There will be a bit of added height when I add the cushion to the top...

Now, all I have to decide is "Too tuft or not to tuft".  We shall see. 

I have to take a break until everyone gets their turn at trying it out.  I can see that there is going to be a waiting lest for seating in the library...  Everybody take a number.  Five minutes at a time. 

I wonder if I can fit another chair in there?  Maybe over by the fireplace...

More plans to make and arguments to settle...

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

elizabeth s said...

I really like the window seat Casey but you have to act fast if you want to beat Zar or Tessie to a finished project. Daisy must learn to move a wee bit quicker! :D