Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Roughing It Out...

OK.  Laying out the interior walls and floors can be fun.

First I cut two walls for the bathroom and kitchen. 

The bath will be six by seven.  There will also be a door cut in the wall between there and the living room.
Logically, the bath will only have a shower, toilet and sink.  And a window for Tessie to exit, in case of trouble...
The kitchen will have a recessed wall behind the fireplace.  That will give a little more space for cupboards and appliances.


 The curve in the foam core was made by slashing it about every half inch on the outward curve.

This is not exactly like it will look. The floor will sit on top and somewhere, there will be a slide out bed.  Not sure where yet.
Here you can see(kind of) what it will look like when you walk in the front door... Yes... I shrink myself down and walk around inside to make sure that everything is where it should be.

The final walls won't be black.  I just happened to have a big hunk of black foam core left from some other project.

Spike showed up earlier this morning and wanted to know if I could make him a slide out bed too...

I'll have to think about that one...

See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Phyllisa said...

Hi Casey. WOW! I like your style! You know how to fit everything in a small space. I'm getting ideas!
Phyllisa

elizabeth s said...

This is going to be Some Kinda Cool!!!! :D

Karin Corbin said...

Spike does need a barkalounger ;)

Caseymini said...

Karin, I haven't thought about those for years. Are they still made? Actually, Spike is now pet-itioning for a doggy cave under the stairs...LOL

mcddiss said...

me encanta ver tus planificaciones en los distintos proyectos en los que trabajas, estoy deseando ver como evoluciona

besitos

Mari

12Create said...

Great use of space. It is really interesting watching different bloggers building this kit and the very different approaches.