Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, April 13, 2015

Rockin' the Roof...

OK.  Here goes... I am doing the roof this morning...

This is where I am so far.
 I did the interior edges first and then  worked out to the outside "lid" of the box top.

Some of the  courses of stone were broken up by two stones where one would be, but basically, I just did the cut and fit method that I always use.

On the outer corners I used a full stone and then cut out a piece of the corner, so that they would fold down neatly... The corner in this photo still needs glue to look like one continuous piece.

The interior is not too pretty yet. I still have to paint it and affix a piece of plexi to the interior and then paint  the ceiling black.
I still have a ways to go, but I am getting there. 

Here you can see that I don't necessarily finish one side before starting another.  That way I get the rocks to look more irregular.
Here it is on the building.  I wanted you to see what it was going to look like. 

So far, I am pretty much satisfied with it. 

Miles to go before I sleep...

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

April said...

Then you will add the blue trim back, right? It's looking good.

Caseymini said...

April! Behave yourself! You are starting to sound like your Aunt Tessie! Love Mom.

mcddiss said...

me encanta como trabajas la piedra , es genial y ese observatorio esta quedando de fabula

besitos

Mari