Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Oh! The Excitement!!!

How many people do you know that would get excited about being able to purchase acoustical ceiling tile by the piece and not the box???

Me... I went into Lowe's this morning to kill a bit of time before another store would be open...

I remembered that someone told me that Lowe's and Home Depot both had stopped selling the tiles by the piece.  You now have to buy the whole box of eight pieces!  I don't need eight pieces.

I wandered into the ceiling tile aisle.  I spotted a bunch damaged pieces of just what I wanted, laying on top of a pile of the boxes.   I took a chance and loaded two of them into my cart and went to the check out...

The guy that waited on me was kind of new... He tried but the sticker on the back of one would only give him the price for a whole box...

He called someone... Then someone else.  His supervisor came over and asked what was going on... Between the two of us we explained the whole thing.  She took a look at them and after some quick thinking, came up with a solution.  She said if I would take all of the loose pieces, she would sell them all for just 4.00! I am wondering if they will just write them off.  I am not one to argue with a deal like that.  I went back and found a third piece that was laying there.  Long story short.  They are MINE!  All MINE!
Well, OK... They will end up being stuff for the mini gang, but at least I will have a lifetime supply now !

After the photo shoot with the tile, Zar followed Tessie back to the new cottage...I have a feeling that the woman with the newest abode is the one that he will follow anywhere...

He is now buttering her up.  But Tessie has been around long enough to know when she is being buttered...

Meanwhile, I went back to doing the roof on the library.  I noticed that the right corner was sticking out way too far after I removed the tape.

It was easy enough to take apart and trim.
However... I am  now in "watching the glue dry" mode, once again.

I guess I will have to shoo the Terrible Two out of the HBS cottage and work on that for a while...

Back to the grindstone.

See you tomorrow.




5 comments:

Karin Corbin said...

seeing the story line about Zar and the woman with the newest abode remind me of an old joke. What do you call a Jazz player who doe not have a girlfriend? Homeless

Caseymini said...

Karin, Zar isn't that bad. He just wants to be sure he's seen in all of the right places. The latest one is Tessie's new cottage... If she gets it.

elizabeth s said...

Hi Casey! Great timing at Lowes and what a SCOOP! Good for you AND the terrible twosome! Everybody's happy! :D

mcddiss said...

me encanta como estas dejando el observatorio , creo que has tenido mucha suerte con ese trato en la tienda

besitos

Mari

Mad For Mod said...

You can't beat a great deal!