Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A Firm Foundation...

This morning, I let Mr. Dremel  chew off the edge of the drawing board that had the clips on it.

I still had plenty left for the surround of the cottage.

It worked out well.  The cut edge is at the back of this photo.  It's the uninteresting side of the building.

The window edge has the most footage for the forest floor.

I wanted the back open edge to have very little ground.

Therefore the edge with the hole for carrying the board is beneath the floor and will never be seen.

Please ignore Tessie.  She has taken to peeking out of the bathroom window to make sure nobody is sneaking up on her...Paranoid? Just a little.
I cut out a couple of pin boards for curtains from the new ceiling tile and while I was at it, I cut the scraps into pieces to try out the steps.

They will be shaped differently than this, but this gives you some idea of what is going to happen in the front area.

OK.  So I didn't do any more trees yesterday.  That's why I need to get back to work. 

I have to go to Wednesday Witches' minis this afternoon.

And away I go!  See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Debora said...

I like what you're doing with it :D

Marjorie Bailey said...

The front is going to look great with the steps in place - can't wait to see it!