Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Little of Everything...

I finished sticking down the stones for the side of the cottage yesterday. Not bad, so far. I still have to do a bit more texturing and painting...
This morning I had help choosing leathers for book covers... Kota likes the brown...

I have done this as a tutorial before, so I won't get detailed about it. 

I use craft foam for the body of the books.  I know that they will never be opened.  They are there only for filler in the book cases.

Books come in a lot of different sizes, so I don't have to be too careful about cutting them.  I do use a T square to make sure that they aren't lopsided...
I did all of these 5/8" wide and various lengths.  Mostly they were 3/4" long or longer. 

The nice thing about the foam is it can be cut with scissors. 

Here you see the steps.  After I get them cut, I glue one side to the cover material... In the case of the rusty colored ones, it was an envelope from a greeting card.  With the paper covers, it is best to bend the spine in two places before gluing.  Much easier that way.

The darker ones were all leather.  You can use just about anything that doesn't ravel for covers.

The other thing I dragged out was the coiled basket box.  There have to be a couple of baskets on the shelves.  I have a lot that are partially made.  Decisions, decisions... Decisions...

Anyway, Kota and I are going back to work now... Gotta run.

See you tomorrow.



No comments: