Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Stonework From the Theater...

I decided to try the theater trays for the stonework on the Time Machine.

It is heavier than even the old egg cartons.  And it works well!

I added a back wall this morning and painted it black, inside and out.  I used foam core.  This building is not going to have a lot of wear and tear, so no problem with the foam core.

I had wrapped some of the pieces from the sides around to the back to make whole stones.
I did the part around the port hole with wedge shaped pieces, like the ones at the bottom.  Each piece has to be cut as you go, to make them fit.

I bent the narrow ends to the inside of the hole. Again to make the rocks look continuous.


Then I cut various widths of strips and filled in the blanks, so to speak.

I will probably add some extra fiber to some of the rocks, so that they aren't all so flat and one dimensional.  That is especially true of the ones around the edges of the windows.
OK... Here's where the time machine dock is going to be.  It sits perfectly on the corner of the roof peak, even without the platform. 

I still have to add the peaked roof to the top.  I have the pattern all drawn up.  I just have to cut it out and cover it with shingles to match the roof of the house.
Meanwhile, I do believe that plans are afoot on the top of the tower...

Zar and Tessie have been very chummy and have had their heads together all morning...

I found out that time machines, in general, don't need spark plugs...I am going to have to figure out some other way to keep the thieves at bay...

Any suggestions would be appreciated... I may just have to put a good lock on the door and swallow the key...

See you tomorrow.  Hopefully with the finished stonework.

7 comments:

Maddy said...

Put a fingerprint lock on the time rotor - with only you and Daisy being able to operate it. That should keep anyone unauthorized from using it.

chapchap73 said...

Casey, The time box is looking gorgeous! I just love the way you do stone :) I have a feeling Daisy will be giving the key to her dragon for safekeeping. Hugs, Sarah

Caseymini said...

Nitty Caroline, I did that on the music tower room. It works pretty well. No intruders there.

Caseymini said...

Oops! Sorry about the msspelling!

Caseymini said...

Sarah, that's all we need! A time traveling dragon!LOL

Lucille said...

It's looking good, Casey! I wonder what the terrible two are concocting? Be very careful!

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
It looks amazing! What a bout a lock with a code...or some kind of sensor that will only recognize you?
Big hug,
Giac