Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Little Boxes...

Yesterday I managed to get the whole time machine painted black, inside and out.

That's more complicated than it looks.  I started with the whole thing upside down and painted it inside and out.  Then I turned it right side up and it took another half hour to paint all of the spots that I missed when it was standing on it's head.

Incidentally, the top  box is not attached.  I am going to put some molding around where it will be setting and make it so that the box will lift out to change the lights.  I don't see any reason to hinge it.

I did a couple of rough drawings of what is going to happen next.  I think that a pointed roof with weather vein  is in order.  It is important to know which direction is which when you land in another time and place.
 Zar came in to help and it was decided that the back wall will be closed in and a porthole of sorts will be added.  That's one thing that I don't approve of in Doctor Who's machine.  He never knows if he landed in the right place until he opens the  door.

 And don't get me started on H.G.Wells' version.  Totally without protection if he lands somewhere  bad!

Anyway, now that it is black, I can start on stonework and woodwork. 
I did add foam core arches on three sides this morning.  Daisy's orders. 

I also looked into building a landing platform on the roof of  the cottage.  I think that will  be a snap, compared to some of the other alterations on her house.

I think I hear Zar calling for help.  I had better see what he wants.

Back to work.

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Troy said...

I have always been fascinated with the time machine. Looks like a fun project.

rosanna said...

What I admire most in you is your imagination!
You never stop surprising me with new roomboxes and they are all so good !
I'll keep tuned for next episodes,Rosanna

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
It is looking just wonderful! I really love the new finish.
Big hug,
Giac

Unknown said...

I love the way this is turning out. Can't wait to see more. X