Tuesday, October 7, 2014
That's more complicated than it looks. I started with the whole thing upside down and painted it inside and out. Then I turned it right side up and it took another half hour to paint all of the spots that I missed when it was standing on it's head.
Incidentally, the top box is not attached. I am going to put some molding around where it will be setting and make it so that the box will lift out to change the lights. I don't see any reason to hinge it.
I did a couple of rough drawings of what is going to happen next. I think that a pointed roof with weather vein is in order. It is important to know which direction is which when you land in another time and place.
And don't get me started on H.G.Wells' version. Totally without protection if he lands somewhere bad!
Anyway, now that it is black, I can start on stonework and woodwork.
I also looked into building a landing platform on the roof of the cottage. I think that will be a snap, compared to some of the other alterations on her house.
I think I hear Zar calling for help. I had better see what he wants.
Back to work.
See you tomorrow.