Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Getting Ready....

 Door bell works. Check!  I am trying to get everything ready for tomorrow's Wednesday Witches' mini meeting. 

This door bell was a cheap-y plastic thing from Walmart about ten years ago...  It had a solid blue background, solid white face and hand and solid gray cloak... The lantern was plain old brown.  

I went to work with acrylic paints and "fixed" it.  The eyes and light flash.  When you push the button under the lantern, you hear a really loud banging on the door and a deep voice says..."Come in... If you dare!"  Then you hear a really loud creaking door and footsteps...

This thing is really scary... No not the flashing lights and the sound effects.... The scary part is... It has never had a battery change!  Ten years and still going strong on the original battery!  It is enchanted...
I think I bought this witch the same year.  The fiber optics in the hair broom and pumpkin change colors as long as it is plugged in...

In her case, I painted her face and re dressed her.  The apron is antique lace and she has ostrich plumes and other feathers on her hat...

I tell you, they just don't make Halloween decorations like they used to!
Now about the real Halloween.  Matilda has been hanging on the landing platform of the Witches' Warehouse for as long as there has been a Witches' Warehouse.  Maybe one day she will learn not to drink bug beer and fly...
The poster for Frog in your Throat cough medicine was a real one from the turn of the last century.  I wonder why it didn't last... I would buy it if it were still around...

The cobwebs that you see inside the Warehouse are real... I have pet spiders that live there.  They seem to like it.
The Warehouse is ready and waiting for the party..

I actually did a bit of cleaning....  Not too much.  The spiders would get in a tizzy and move out if I disturbed them too much. 

We wouldn't want that to happen...
As for the Terrible Two?  I warned them not to go into the woods...

Would they listen...?

Nope...

As far as I am concerned, they are on their own....I warned them.  I do hope that they make it out alive... It would be boring around here without them. I have work to do. 

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

elis said...

This door bell is absolutely scary but amazing.
I loved it.

Lucille said...

Amazing decorations, Casey! You went all out. I love that door bell!

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
How wonderful! Let the festivities begin!
Big hug,
Giac