Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Round and Round He/She goes...

I had to show you my new toy...

My friend, Joan, gave me this.  It is a solar spinner.  As long as the sun is on it... and for a while after, it keeps going round and round.

She has one in a bookcase that gets some sun every day and she says that it keeps going most of the time. 

I tried it out with Spike...He went round and round until Tessie spotted it.  She zapped him.  I am not sure where he is now.
She immediately climbed on to try it.  It kept spinning.  It is not in direct sunlight in these photos. 

It did keep spinning for days in the kitchen window. It was even spinning on the few days this week that it was cloud covered!

Joan has a piece of mini furniture on hers.  It is a nice way to display one special piece... Not necessarily Tessie...

Joan said that she ordered it on line... I think it was on Amazon.
Tessie zapped it back to the kitchen window and is greatly amused by spinning in circles...

If only the sun were out 24 hours a day or perhaps the thing could be made to run on moonlight too...

All I would have to do is toss her a cookie and a bottle of bug beer once in a while...

Alas, the moonlight doesn't work.  I checked!

Anyway, I just thought that someone might have a special mini that they wanted to show off. 

This is the closest thing to a perpetual motion machine that I know of.

I am going in the kitchen and see if I can tie "Sit and Spin" to the top of this thing.... Maybe I can convince her that she needs a seat belt...  OK... Maybe I will just toss her a cookie...

See you tomorrow.

No comments: