Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, September 5, 2014

First Things First...

Remember the drawing of the Tansu, yesterday?

This is the outer shell of two of the three pieces... One piece left to go.

I took the measurements off of the drawing that I showed you yesterday.  Mind you, this is not doors or drawers!

I laid out the pattern on basswood for size.  Then I hunted up enough scraps of 1/16" walnut to do the finished chest.

I will probably put the basswood one together first to make sure that all of the pieces fit together....And of course Tessie will grab that one.  Thus saving the walnut one for Daisy.  Sneaky, huh?

You can see that the third two pieces of walnut are cut in a different direction of the grain.  That is on purpose.  Those are center shelves and the grain will be right when they are in place.

As I was working on the second chair last night, Tessie and Spike appeared, out of nowhere.

She's zapping again.  She plopped herself and Spike in DAISY'S new chair and said, "This is eversomuch more comfortable than mine... You can have the other one back and I will take this one..."

Not going to happen Tessie.  I installed the first one in her townhouse and I am NOT taking it out.  Way too much trouble.

I am going to have to go back and work on the Tansu some more now.  I have to remind myself to do the basswood one first.  Although, I do believe that Tessie is getting wise to my system... I may have to think of another way to do it... Maybe locking her in the workroom is not such a bad idea, although it does tend to lead to messes.  At least I get to keep what I make for a while.

Back to work.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: