Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, September 15, 2014

Find the Skeleton...

Tessie won again... For the time being.  It won't be long until she decides that she doesn't need a foot stool with the hanging chair.  It just gets in the way.

This morning, she made me clean her living room... Actually, I was going to do it anyway.  It's pretty dusty.

I installed the rock wall by the stairs.  I am not sure if it is going to stay, but I just didn't want a banister and spindles.  The décor is too modern for that.

This house is never quite finished and I move furniture and other items in and out all of the time.  The only things that are permanent in the living room is the wicker and the Nakashima tables. Oh! And the draperies.  I am not going through that again. At least not for a while.

I moved the zebra dresser from the outer hall to the present location.  Hung a couple of tangles above it. and added a few knickknacks.

And what was Tessie doing all this time?  Swinging...

She thinks that she is one up on me now.  She even had the nerve to park her Steampunk pogo stick in the living room.  Her house.  Her rules...


Zar did manage to get away with one plate of cookies, when they left Daisy's place.  He brought along his own potato chips.

OK.  About the rug.  That is not Daisy's.

Tessie informed me that she was taking the bunka rug from the mid century mod room box.  She is holding it hostage until I finish hers...

What she doesn't know is, it doesn't bother me a bit.  That room box was up above the closet on a plant shelf and not being viewed by anybody. Hah!  I win that round.  don't tell her!

Anyway, for today I am ahead a couple of points.  That is if anybody is keeping score. 

As long as the cookies last, the Terrible Two will not be in my way.  Hmmmmm... Maybe It would be worth my while to make more cookies...  Good plan.

See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

elizabeth s said...

Hi Casey! I must say that the hanging chair, even with the footstool in the way, looks good, especially with the solid wall behind it. I have to agree with Tessie that the zebra rug is also more at home in this room. The room looks very cozy. How convenient that both Zar and Tessie are so easily distracted with a plate of cookies. Guess what?.... So am I :))

Lucille said...

The room is amazing! When I look at all those pieces you made, the amount of work is extraordinary, really! I don't know how you do it. What sort of batteries do you run on? I must get some! LOL!

Saara said...

Amazing work! I love the wicker furniture, it is definitely on my list of things I want to try, once I find a good tutorial.

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
It's not fair that you work so hard while she just swings. The changes you made to the room look great. I like the stone wall.
Big hug,
Giac

Caseymini said...

Sahara, I have a tut for a chair here and also a recommendation for a good book. http://caseymini.blogspot.com/2012/01/it-is-rocker-after-all.html
It is in a few entries. Simply poke newer posts at the bottom to continue. Good luck.

Caseymini said...

Silly spell check. That was supposed to be Saara.