Friday, May 16, 2014
Progress Is Being Made...
I decided on Ceramcoat Ivory for the finish on these pieces. I needed to lighten things up a bit.
I haven't decided where this will go yet. It will be in this house though.
See the bit of rug sticking out? Not the North African one.
Since the divan sticks out further into the room than I had planned, when I found this one in my stash, I decided to finish this one. It's not one of my designs. I wish I knew who the designer was. A friend gave me the pattern. Anyway, this one may be replacing the North African one...
some more of the fan slats went to make this eight sided stool. With this one, I found a woodsie that was the right size to build it around. Then I simply made a cushion with a button in the middle on another of the same woodsies. I drilled a hole through the center, so that I could put the button in the center.
Then I simply wrapped the fabric over batting and glued it to the underside of the wood.
Fortunately, Tessie opted not to try her world famous bouncing test on it. The ceiling is dangerous. She informed me, "You know... I could get the top of my head wedged between the two sides of the ceiling. I learned my lesson with the screen...My head is still sore from that."
So...The Terrible Two are lounging around eating tacos and sangria that they stole from one of the other room boxes, while I am expected to work... Here we go again.
See you tomorrow.