Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Getting Ahead of Myself...

 No....I haven't finished the house.  Yes.  I am already designing furniture for the house.

Thank goodness, I used to do a lot more quilting than I do now.

I use this hexagon template much more for minis than I ever did for real quilts...I have a couple of those started, but I am doing them all by hand and they may never get finished at this rate.

For minis, this template is just what I needed to make a hexagon table to go in the bedroom.
 I designed two different sizes.  That way, I will have one that will fit.  I am not sure how big I want it yet.

I am playing around with doing piercing with a drill on the Dremel.  We shall see...

There is also the possibility of layers of wood and screens over the openings.  Lots of options.

This one is two inches from point to point and two inches tall.
This one is a little over 1 1/2" from point to point and 2 inches tall.

In case you are wondering, I ran away from home and went over to April's house this morning, where Amare made me felt pancakes and invisible tea.  He is into play food right now.  Yummy???

Anyway, I didn't get a lot of mini-ing done.


 I sorted through the fabric stash and found a few possibilities for the bedroom.

I am thinking of using this faux quilted fabric for the floor of the bedroom.  It kind of looks like a woven mat.  I don't want tile in both the bedroom and the bath.

These are still in the "possible" stage.
I also found a lot of patterns to play with.  Even some zebra like Tessie's apron and some leopard skin. 

There is one right in the middle that looks like small mosaic tile that might be useful somewhere also.

That's as far as I got today.  I was too full of felt pancakes and invisible tea to do much.

I am going to go have some real food now....That fake stuff makes you fake full.

See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Lucille said...

Wow, Casey! This is quite the interesting project. I am always fascinated by the things you come up with!

mcddiss said...

esa plantilla es muy util por lo que dices ,y esas piezas se ven muy bien ,me gustan esas telas

besitos

Mari

AM Minnaard said...

Hey Casey, the Dremel is the perfect tool for making the windows. Can´t wait to see how they will turn out.
Hug AM

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
I love your plans. I really am excited about this project. the fabric looks wonderful.
Did you at least get some syrup on the felt pancakes?
Big hug,
Giac

Caseymini said...

No, Giac. No syrup.

AM, the Dremel will be for the table. The exacto is for the window. I do that sort of thing by hand.

12Create said...

That is a great tip. I must keep an eye out for some of those hexagon shapes in the op shop.