Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Who Needs Stairs?

 
We started the morning with the Terrible Two still not talking to one another.  Zar will NOT give up the shelf with the view of the TV.  Tessie is refusing to talk to him, until he does...

Except to say, "Get lost, weirdo!" once in a while.

Tessie zapped them in and they continued arguing...

I ignored them both and installed the wrought iron railings around the roof top. 

I simply drilled holes where the posts were supposed to go and then cut and glued them all in place.

Meanwhile, I started working on the spiral staircase around the tree.

I have shaved down the rough edges around the base.  Ascertained the location of the trunk in relation to the opening in the roof top.

As I did this, I heard Tessie muttering, "We don't need no stinking stairs.  We can just climb the tree.".

I knew that this was to be followed by Tessie trying to prove her point by doing it. So I ran and got the camera ready... I love being entertained...
She managed to shimmy up the trunk and get one foot on the roof, before she started hollering.

"Zar!  Get over here and give me a hand...I'm slipping!"

Zar is never one to pass up an opportunity.  "Tessie, ask nicely....And promise me that I can stay on the shelf that I selected, yesterday.  No more arguments about it!"

After leaving her there, hanging on for dear life, for exactly three minutes and thirty nine seconds.  She caved.

"OK.  You can have the blasted shelf! Just get me up to the roof in one piece."

Way to go, Zar!

I put the leftovers of the fence on the front porch.  Some went in front and some on the side, so that nobody would accidentally step off where there wasn't any dirt to step on. 

Tessie is now in a snit and not talking to anybody...

Thank you, Zar!

It certainly is quiet in here....Much better than yesterday.  No pounding of roofers and no poking and prodding from Tessie.  I am going to enjoy it while I can...

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Cris Bottaro said...

Olá como sempre um encanto visitar teu blog, depois de muito tempo afastada dos blogs, visitar teu blog é muito bom! feliz domingo e beijos em teu coração.

Lené said...

Hahahahaha.... you've got to hand it to Tessie. She hands these victories to Zar on a silver platter!

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
Enjoy the silence while you can. I have to say, I have seen that kit many times but never transformed like this. It is coming along beautifully. I am always so impressed.
Big hug,
Giac

elizabeth s said...

Hi Casey! I have to say that I am really enjoying the way that you have finished the top edge of the roof shingles. The dark trim has a Wow factor to it. The railings for the porch and the tree are great additions too! I don't relish Tessie's temper as occasionally, she does like to even the score ... Zar better watch out! :0

elizabeth