Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Jewelry Instead...

Yesterday, I showed April some of the stuff that I ordered with her ETSY gift certificate from Christmas.  She liked the spiders that I bought.

So she gets part of her Christmas gift back.  I think she had an ulterior motive...

She said that they would make cute earrings.  I made earrings this morning.  A pair for her and a pair for me. 

 Since I was in the mood, I finished this necklace that has been lying around waiting for a chain for ages.

It was actually a very easy piece to make.  The crescent came as it is.  I just added the dangles and the chain....All done.

The watch in this piece also came from ETSY.  It was a plain copper watch with a square case.

I fancied it up, since I had my tools out and the square copper wire was just laying around, doing nothing.

I worked on this House Beautiful basket yesterday too....Can you see a pattern here?  It's called avoidance. 

I am steering clear of the cottage until I find some real illustration board... I am not so sure that I don't have a piece that size around here somewhere.  I should go look...

Tomorrow we are going to the Tucson Gem and Mineral show out at the ball park.  That's our favorite venue out of the 200 or so places we could go for the next couple of weeks.

We figured it would be less crowded on a Monday.  April, Seth, Walter and Amare have turned me loose there to find my own birthday present.  Silly people... They still haven't learned that I can always find lots of things I like out there.  Sometimes even minis! 

Maybe I should be making a list and checking it twice.  I don't want to miss anything.

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Phyllisa said...

Hi Casey. Why not use matboard for the floor?
Phyllisa

Caseymini said...

Phyllisa, I have used it in a pinch and it is harder than the stuff I used yesterday. Mat board is not really meant to be painted. That's why mat board comes in many colors and textures. Illustration board as the name implies, is meant to be drawn and painted on.

Véronique said...

Nothing like a bit a bling to cheer a girl up!
Have fun at the gem and mineral fair and go crazy. Then come home, take pictures and show us the loot!!
:-)
Véronique

Lucille said...

Love the necklace and earrings!

12Create said...

Have fun at the show!