Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Toss Them All Up in the Air....

And see where they land...

One of those three o' clock AM ideas. 

I decided(don't ask me why) that it would be a good idea to move Zar's den into the computer room.  And on top of that, I remembered it this morning. 

Reality strikes again.  I still had to move a few things back to their rightful places from the holidays. 

I figured that, since I was moving things anyway, why not rearrange some of them.

First I did the thing that started it all.  If I moved Zar's den, I had to have a table to fit.  Soooo.... The little tool table from the bedroom was the perfect size and would give more room to move in the computer room...

Then I decided I wanted the music tower room on a smaller table.  The one next to the front door was perfect.

That meant finding something to put in it's place on the other table in the hall.

Spike's Crypt fit nicely and kind of goes with the Witches' Warehouse.

I still hadn't run out of energy.  Yet....
Where Spike's place was needed to be filled.  Tessie's Fortune Telling Tent fit well there.  Actually better than Spike's did.

And there is still room for the toast rack where we keep the mail.

That chest is filled with poly clay and assorted related items.   It's just a good thing that poly clay doesn't spoil...
You guessed it.  I had to fill the spot where the fortune telling tent had been.  That was easy.  I put Tessie's Teas there.  She never lets anyone buy anything there anyway. 

She is up there standing guard with a gargoyle right now.  Threatening anything that moves towards the teashop. 

 The teashop is the thing I moved to make room for Zar's den.

Do you see where I am going with this?  Round and round....
The table that the teashop was sitting on is now my table for tools. Remember?

Yup.  Full circle. Now I have a table where the little house can sit when I am not working on it.  And yes!  I finished painting the outside antique white....Three coats to cover the green and dark brown that was on there.

I also got one coat on the inside, over the dark red and green walls...This could take another couple of coats too.  I am not sure what color it will be when I finish.  I just know that I am NOT EVER going to paint walls red or green again!  They are next to impossible to change if you want to repaint.  Bah Humbug!

Anyway, it's time for the next coat on the inside.

See you tomorrow.

10 comments:

Phyllisa said...

Hi Casey. I know what you mean by "round and round". I am surprised though that you don't have shelves at your house for all your miniature buildings. I would love to have streets of buildings on shelves.
OH! I just walked around my (small) house and low and behold there is a perfect "shelf" for a Street of Shops. And I noticed two tall cabinets in the living/dining areas that could hold dollhouse buildings on top. And other bookcases that I would rather see mini buildings on than boxes and fake plants.I'll be busy moving things around for quite some time!
I can see me working on it for the rest of the month. Then, I have two unfinished cottages to work on. And I would love to try some simple landscaping too.I'm going to be very busy in 2014!
Phyllisa

Caseymini said...

Phyllisa, Haven't you noticed that I have a LOT of shelves in my house? The problem is not a lack of shelves. It is 30 + years of making minis and collecting books. Unfortunately, I don't want to get rid of any of them.LOL

miniaturista said...

FELIZ AÑO NUEVO
Un abrazo
Maite

Phyllisa said...

Yes, Casey you and I both have shelves for books,supplies, tools and other stuff that we have collected for many years and treasure. My Hobby Room is full of that stuff.I'm talking storage on three sides of the room.And I've used some of your storage ideas.I have mini rooms and small shops on bookshelves. But I want shelves especially for mini buildings. So that is what I will be working on.
Phyllisa

Caseymini said...

Phyllisa, I thought about doing that years ago, but decided that I didn't want them all in one place. I like to have them in with other things, where they can be discovered. I noticed that if they were all together people got tired of looking. If they are here and there It is more like a treasure hunt. People can search them out.

Lucille said...

A good day's work, Casey! It's nice that you have so much space to move everything around in!

Caseymini said...

Lucille, don't let the photos fool you. I think that they make it look bigger than it really is. I am always trying to weed out the old, to find space for the new. I think that the other side s winning!LOL

Fabiola said...

You're very lucky to have a lot of space in your home.
Greetings, Faby

Unknown said...

I know you said you have no space, or...too many things!! :) but it's nice though to see all those cute houses wherever you turn!! :) It's a good mess!!

Deni said...

I love that going round and round I do that all the time lol
Love the entrance with your beautiful rooms on the tables, it seems to me to be a wonderful magical area! Love it!!!!
I have decided I better get on and clean a few of my roomboxes up, they are getting so messed up inside and dusty so I will begin tomorrow!!!