Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, December 20, 2013

Only When There's Food....

Yesterday, April asked me if she could borrow this bench, if I wasn't using it.

I was happy to have her use it.  When I got this stool for Christmas, years ago, it was plain pine and flat surfaced.  I liked the shape, but I needed darker furniture.  Walter's dad bought it at a second hand store and it was nice, but not my cup of tea style wise.  So....

I got out the carving tools.  I drew a design directly on the wood and went to work.  It was a roughly made stool from Mexico and I didn't think that it would hurt it to do some carving on it. Then I stained it.  I didn't put a finish on it other than that.  I oiled it yesterday and revived it.

To make a long story short...er, One thing led to another and I grabbed a piece of needlepoint canvas and did the same thing with that.  Drew a line drawing of the center of an oriental rug that I had a picture of.  All in all, it turned out pretty good.  That just shows you what impulse is for.  If you get an idea, go for it. 
On other fronts, I am on my last pair of socks for Christmas.  I just turned the corner on the first sock of Seth's pair.  I saved his til last...He wears a size 12 shoe and the socks have to be about 12 inches long!  It takes a while and more than the traditional two skeins of sock yarn.  That's OK though.  The leftovers will be a pair of socks to match, for Amare.  This pair will be finished by Christmas morning...I am determined.

Last but not least, I have been making cookies by the dozens.  Walter just left with this tin for a friend of his.

He had to rescue it from the Terrible Two.  I don't think that they got any of them before he slammed the lid in place.

Anyway, I am off to make more cookies. I made a couple of jars of Taco Seasoning this morning for gifts.  A couple more batches of cookies and I will be done!  Back to the bowls.

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

azteclady said...

I have rarely commented in the past, but I've been reading and following your blog for a while now. I am always amazed at your talent, and your generosity in sharing it with us. Today I also stand in awe of your industriousness! So much done every single day, and still time to post something for us to enjoy.

Thank you, Casey!

12Create said...

I like your comment about impulse and that if you have an idea just go for it. I tend to get an idea and over-think it sometimes and then sometimes forget about it in my busy schedule. I think I need to learn to be a bit more impulsive and just have a go. I admire your multi-skills - woodwork, knitting and baking all in one post.

Caseymini said...

12 Create, I believe that, if you don't try, you will never know what you can or can't do. Even if you can't, I'll bet that you will learn something new in the process. So as I said before, just go for it!

The grandmommy said...

You are one big role of talent! I wish I could watch you instead of the "create" station on tv! LOL You have encouraged me to make cookies and they will not be of the common sort! LOL
You are an inspiration!

Unknown said...

I loved all your jobs!