Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas, Yesterday and Today...

First of all, the requisite cute kid photos.  Amare had the most fun of us all.

I put his name on the biggest stocking I could find and all four of us grandparents stuffed it with things for him...

That took him all of 20 minutes to get to the bottom... We finally had to turn it upside down to keep him from attempting to crawl inside.

The train wouldn't fit in the sock.  There is a battery run engine that pulls the other cars around the track....This is how he started the day.  By the end of the day, we all had to move away from the coffee table that it was on, so that he could follow it around the track, making sure that the cars stayed on the track. 

The train was in at least three different patterns of track before the day was over.  And he supervised every build. All ten hours...With breaks for eating breakfast and early afternoon dinner. We cheated and opened our presents whilst he took a nap.

Walter always makes sure that Zar and  Tessie get their share of presents.

Zar got a new pet.  He named him Lenny Lynx.

I think that Lenny would like something more ferocious.  He hasn't answered to the name once.
Tessie is an extremely happy camper.  Walter knows what she likes....First it was an orange frog...She named him Oscar and somehow found bugs and worms to stuff him with.  I am going to have to have a talk with her about good housekeeping...
Her ultimate gift was a terrarium.  It has a green tree snake in it...Complete with a large branch, food and water bowls and sawdust in the bottom.  I wonder if a tree snake can get used to sugar cookies?  I know she is not going to feed him cute little mice.  She likes those too much.

Maybe bat  wing soup would be more to his liking.  Tessie zaps the bats and changes them into mice, leaving the wings to drop off for soup.  Thus, no kill ingredients and lots of new mice pets.

And as for me, I got a lot of neat stuff, but it was all for regular sized people.  I won't bore you with those.  I am going back to playing now.  I am wandering around in the Etsy shops.  I got a nice gift certificate....Tessie keeps looking over my shoulder and suggesting mini shops on there to look at...We all know that she is NOT shopping for me. 

Maybe I can distract her by getting her to think of names for the snake.  She wants to call him Valdemort.  I think that's a little much and evil besides. 

Anyway, I am going back to loafing for the rest of the day.

See you tomorrow. 

4 comments:

Lucille said...

Amare is such a cute little boy! Looks like everyone got spoiled! Hope you found something you liked on Etsy. It's easy to spend hours on that site.

12Create said...

Glad you had a lovely family Christmas. I love the terrarium and the new pets, but it seems like Amare and his train stole the show. It is great he got so involved with it.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! Amare is adorable!

Whilst you are browsing on Etsy, may I put in a shameless plug in for a friend of mine? Check out 'minpinthings'--Susan makes wonderful miniature pottery!

Deni said...

Oh my grandy has one of those train sets they are great fun! I love Amare's little face watching it!
So cute! Love the little terrarium!