Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Making a Better Cracker....

 Tomorrow, we are going to Phoenix for Thanksgiving with the in laws.  There is always a crowd and we all pitch in with food.

This year, I am taking crackers.  Yes.  That's what I said.

One of the other people coming is bringing home made salsa that she learned to make from her sister in law, down in Mexico. 

I volunteered to make crackers to go with it.  Actually, snack crackers are very easy to make and taste a lot better than the boxes from the grocery store.

In the first photo you see the cheese crackers.  This is the cheater's method of baking them.

I just rolled the dough out on the back of a cookie sheet and cut it up with a pizza cutter.  The crackers are much easier to get out of the pan that way.  No sides.

Of course, Tessie volunteered to help.  Did someone say food?
I have made a couple of new kinds that I haven't made before.  I got the recipe from Foodgawker.com.  You can find just about any kind of recipe that you are looking for on that site and most of them are original.

I put crackers in the search and came up with pages and pages of recipes.

The first one I picked was a  recipe for Rosemary Parmesan Wheat Thins. the actual recipe is at http://www.shemakesandbakes.com/1/post/2013/03/rosemary-parmesan-wheat-thins.html

I used rosemary from the back yard....No, I didn't make the parmesan. 

They turned out well.  I have to stop sampling.  If both Tessie and I get into them, there won't be any for tomorrow.

The second ones are from foodgawker too, but a different blog.  www.notgotmuchin.com/cheddar-crackers/ These are a very different cracker.  They are mostly sharp cheddar cheese and butter.  About half the flour of the other recipe.  When they come out of the oven they are kind of chewy.  They get crisper as they cool.

Both recipes are pretty good.  I plan to make one more recipe this afternoon.  I haven't decided which ones yet. 

Tessie is voting for cookies....That reminds me.  I wonder if Zar is still locked in his room.  Maybe I had better go slip a cracker under the door.

Sorry.  No time for minis today....Need more crackers.  Tessie is eating them as fast as I am making them.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Deni said...

They look yummy! now let me get this right is it really Tessie eating them all up or ....you know who??? lol
Have a great day with your family Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Caseymini said...

I refuse to answer, on the grounds that it might incriminate me...

Deni said...

Got ya!!! hahahaha!
Lotsa hugs to you Casey!