Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, November 29, 2013

Doing the Wash....

I started staining the limestone this morning.  I am using washes of Ceramcoat Trail Tan.  It is greatly diluted and almost as soon as it is on, I wipe most of it off with a tissue.  Sometimes I blot and sometimes I rub.
The left side is undone.  The right side is washed.  It's hard to tell the difference in photos.  In real life it is quite different.
I did an extra layer of blocks around the lock.  Then I painted and used the crochet hook to smooth down the edges.

As soon as I finished putting the blocks around the digital lock, Tessie had to try it. 

This time, she refuses to go inside to try it out.  Lesson learned.

After viewing the photo, I need to bevel the edges of the extra bricks.  They are quite sharp.  Somehow, it's easier to see things like that in the photos, than with the naked eye.

I shoved Tessie out of the way so that you could see the finished product.

Well, not quite finished.  The lock box definitely needs more work.

I am going back and do it now.

See you tomorrow.



No comments: