Friday, July 12, 2013
Finished Dressing Room...
I framed the portrait with small chair rail and decorated it with self stick gold filigree.
For those of you that want an easy way to frame, this is it.
I mounted the painting on illustration board with spray glue. Then I trimmed it to the exact size of the painting. Then I mounted that on a piece of index card. I trimmed the card 1/8 to 1/4inch away from the edge of the painting.
I already had a piece of chair rail stained, so that made it much easier. No staining or drying time wasted.
I cut the molding to fit around the picture, with the corners at a 45degree angle. Then glue the strips to the index card around the painting.
I happened to have some gold strips that seemed to work so I put two strips along the lines of the chair rail. Then I put a small design in each corner. Finished.
I used an old gold paper piece for the frame on the mirror. That one, I had to glue. I bought it way before the sticky backed ones came along.
I played with the dress until I was half way pleased with it. With the pellon in the bodice, I couldn't pull it down quite as much as I wouldn't have liked. I think that it still works. Just not as relaxed and droopy as it would be without it.
The main thing is, Lettice approves.
As for the cat cottage, it's growing...I ran out of rolled rods about 9:00PM. What is there so far is one Architectural Digest and one Traditional Home magazine.
The opening in front is going to be the door...It's about 10 inches wide.
It's a lot of work to get rid of two magazines, but I find it relaxing and enjoyable, while watching TV in the evening.
And Widget gets a new house for the price of a few glue sticks. A friend provided the magazines.
Now I have to think of something new in mini or maybe something old. We shall see...
See you tomorrow.