Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, July 28, 2013

And Still More Weaving...

Yesterday, I was up to the second row of charcoal gray...

This is the back of the rug. I have close to two inches now.

I am going with a rather rag rug look, since I have a lot of over dyed crewel in similar colorways.  So far, I have only used two of these.
Here's the front.  There is a disadvantage.  You can't see the first row of charcoal.

Actually, after it is finished, you won't be able to tell the front from the back.
 Last night I connected the top of the doorway and did what you see here.

HRH Widget, reluctantly posed again this morning.  Last night, he slept in it while I was weaving.

I think that I have cat approval...

I am thinking of making the roof separate and somewhat shaped kind of mushroom-ish.

I'm still thinking on that part.  If I do that, I won't have to go higher on the walls.  I can put a bit of headroom in the top part.
I think that you could count wire wrapping as a form of weaving.  The wires go over and under each other. 

These are older stones.  Not the ones that I got earlier this week. 

I figure that I will ease into the good ones and practice on the stuff that I had, just laying around.

I am going back to the rug now.  That is going to take the longest to complete.

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

12Create said...

The rug is looking great Casey. It looks very soft and cosy, great for mini feet. Widget looks well pleased he now has a full doorway.

Véronique said...

The weaving looks awesome! Beautiful colours!

Lucille said...

Your pendants are gorgeous! Do you ever get to wear them all? I get attached to a piece and end up wearing it all the time.

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
I am so thankful for your blog. I want to try weaving tapestries for the Manor and it is great to see your technique. I really learn a lot from you.
Big hug,
Giac

Caseymini said...

Giac, if you want to weave tapestries, I would suggest a frame for a loom, so that you can tie some stabilizing threads to the sides in several places. Double threads on the edge. Then threads tied from them to the frame to keep the sides straight. Good luck!